Irvine is something like 35% Asian. And they’re rich. So that makes Old, Asian, Female Driver in Mercedes/BMW, the worst driver on the road. Now of course not all Asians are that way, it’s a stereotype, but some stereotypes are true when you’re dealing with 35% of the population + female + sometimes old. We have plenty of dear Asian friends and family but just don’t drive anywhere near their moms or grandmas. Now I could make a thread on every crappy driver but I need to gather the biggest groups of the same driver for a post.
See these for an example:
- 12/12 – We have this dangerous crosswalk near work. They put a crossing guard out there at night who was so bright and visible, you could see them half a block away. Well an old asian couple decides to head right into him at full speed, until they swerved out of the way at the last minute. A friend chased them down and forced them off the road and yelled at them.
- 12/12 – Asian lady, Handicapped, Mercedes, driving with her lights off in complete blackness. Had no clue either.
- 11/27 – We’re entering the freeway on the onramp, accelerating, when this asian lady does a COMPLETE STOP on the onramp. I think she thought she had to wait for the freeway entrance light. But it wasn’t even on, and the sign way before it, showed that it was off. So I haven’t flipped anyone off in like 2 years but I kept air horning her and flipping her off. She passed me again when I exited later on and I did it one more time. She was wearing a stupid barret too.
- 11/27 – Asian lady drives off with her van door open. Her kid goes running after the van, jumps in and closes the door while the van was going.
- 11/27 – Asian lady tries to make a turn, then drives up the sidewalk, then keeps driving in circles.
- 7/8 – Asian lady in BMW tries to ram my friend. He spilled his bike over. She asked him if he had a problem? She meant are you ok?
- 7/8 – Asian female decides to change lanes, but she does so at a 1 mile distance. She just kept driving forever in the middle of two lanes. I air horned her.
- 7/8 – I was going through a mall main road and this Asian lady decides it’s her turn to pull out into the line, even when it wasn’t. She had to wait but decided not to. So I aimed my car right at her, and threatened to ram her. She freaked out and stopped in the middle of the road and properly waited for her turn as I went around her. Old, Rich, Asian, Mercedes.
- 7/8 – Asian male, gets on freeway at 40 mph or so, holding us all up. I drive by and identify him.
- 7/2011 – A week ago these 2 ladies in a BMW pull out of the parking lot and proceed to drive down the middle of two lanes way down the street before finally turning right.
- 7/2011 – Yesterday guy waits until I’m doing like 30-40 right in front of his face, then pulls out. Luckily my car could brake enough. I air horned him for about 10 seconds. I didn’t flip him off because I probably work with him on who knows what.
- 7/2011 – A week or so ago my friend is driving his motorcycle and he gets right up to a person waiting and they pull out in front of him. A motorcycle is really rough to stop when someone pulls out like that.
- 4/2010 – Reader Story: “I saw the greatest Asian driving screw up this weekend – This Asian husband was driving a mini van and had taken an on ramp to the freeway, he realized that he was going the wrong way and I watch his wife convince him to turn around on the on-ramp! The stupid assholes were now facing the wrong way on the on ramp and trying to drive back into on coming traffic of people trying to get on the freeway. The sad part was that if they just got on the freeway like normal they could have exited 1 block up from where they were and turned around the right way.
- 1999 – An Asian female in a Honda Accord rammed the back of my car at a stoplight. I was stopped for minutes and she just plowed into the back of my car at the light. Barely spoke any English. Had difficulty even giving me her information.